Generosity Week 2023 Round Up
As part of our mission in the last 12 months we planned to:
- Launch the Liturgy & Music Foundation
- Launch a new congregation.
- Invest in LED bulbs throughout the Cathedral, to reduce our Carbon footprint.
- Continue our ‘Cultural Spine’ by offering amazing art installations as we build up to our centenary in 2024
- Invest in an ANPR system on the Queen’s Walk, in order to generate significantly more income for the Cathedral’s work and mission.
- Undertake pilot projects to improve our Welcome to visitors and increase our average donation per visitor.
- Increase visitor numbers by 12.5% and visitor retail spending by 6.25% By God’s grace and with your help we have achieved all this - and more. Thank you for your partnership in the gospel, the commitment of your time, your skills and abilities and, of course, your generous giving to Liverpool Cathedral
The money we give makes possible the ministry of our cathedral. It is that simple.
This year our Cathedral needs £61,000 per week for the work of ministry, worship, service and mission.
- £10,000 a week just to heat and light the cathedral
- £5,000 a week on music and outreach
- £20,000 a week on building maintenance, security and cleaning.
We want our life and ministry to grow and develop in the next year and we see the following as our key priorities:
- Make permanent our new visitor Welcome.
- Celebrate our Centenary of Consecration in style!
- Grow the number of community choirs serving children across the diocese.
- Grow our congregations numerically.
And, of course, we must maintain our beautiful church building, our services and worship, pay our bills, support our organisations and ministry and service in our community. In fact, all those things that make up the life of Liverpool Cathedral.
To meet this challenge our planned income for this year looks like this, in weekly terms:
- £3,000 from regular giving, including Gift Aid reclaimed from the Revenue
- £40,000 from our Enterprise activities (events, retail, parking and catering).
- £8,000 from housing, interest and the careful use of assets
- £10,000 from fundraising and visitor donations
Join the Parish Giving Scheme (PGS)
Quote our code 220622001:
- Scan the QR code or visit www.parishgiving.org.uk
- Or call the PGS office 0333 0021271
- Or fill in the Gift Form Make a one-off gift through our website
- Or; Make a BACS transfer Use the reference ‘Generosity Week’
Bank name: Barclays
Account: Corporation of Liverpool Cathedral
Account number: 20287911
Sort code: 20-51-01