Liverpool Cathedral News | Sunday 2nd July
We are heading into another busy week of worship and events. Take a look at what is going on and learn more about how you can join us.
"A very warm welcome to this week’s Cathedral news. As we begin to look forward to the summer holidays we look forward in anticipation to welcoming visitors from across the world.
The Gospel reading for today speaks about welcome.
Jesus said, ‘Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple – truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward.’
We have been encouraged this week as we prepare for this week's worship to think about the whole idea of welcome. If you want to know more about the theme then please click here.
To prepare for next week's worship please click here."
Dean Sue Jones, Dean of Liverpool
Worship at Liverpool Cathedral
All are welcome to join us for our regular worship services, here at Liverpool Cathedral. You can find more information about our upcoming services here.
Not only is our cathedral a place of worship, but our calendar is also filled with exciting events that you can get involved with. Information about these can be found below:
- Organ Recitals Summer 2023 - Sundays 2:15 pm in the Cathedral main space.
- Francis Neilson Lunchtime concert - Fridays 1:30 pm in the Cathedral main space.
- Above and Beyond Tours - Wednesday 5th July, 12:00 pm
- All Ages Sing Summer Concert - Saturday 1 July, 7:30 pm.
- Open Hands: Pride at Liverpool Cathedral - Sunday 30 July, 6:00 pm.
- Summer Term Discipleship courses - Courses are taking a break in June, re-starting in early July. In the meantime, tune into our Ephesians podcast which has a new episode looking at the second half of the letter. Listen here.
Further information about Liverpool Cathedral, including useful details about planning your next visit can be found on our website.
Sign up to receive our Cathedral News directly to your inbox here.