Liverpool Cathedral News | Sunday 4th June
As we enter June in the sunshine, take a look at what is coming up during this busy week at our Cathedral and find out how you can get involved.
"Welcome to this week’s Cathedral News. Sunday is designated as Trinity Sunday. The Blog from Canon Theologian, Prof. Leslie Francis, says, ‘in the doctrine of the Trinity the Church affirms that God has been made known in the world in three characteristic ways, as Father, as Son, and as Holy Spirit.
Over the years I keep coming back to Rublev’s icon of the Trinity as a way to think about God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In this Cathedral the Icon is placed in front of the Baptistery and draws people into faith and to an understanding of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
The image to help us prepare for worship from the Preparing the Sunday Gospel Material is an image of a waterfall. To learn more, click here.
To prepare for next week’s worship please click here."
Dean Sue Jones, Dean of Liverpool.
Let us pray…
Glorious and Holy Trinity,
you reign over all things.
We praise the Father,
we praise the Son,
we praise the Holy Spirit,
we praise the Glorious and Holy Trinity;
today and always.
Worship at Liverpool Cathedral
Why not join us for our regular worship services at Liverpool Cathedral. You can find more information about upcoming services here.
Next Saturday (10 June), we will be celebrating the ordination to the priesthood of our Cathedral Curate, Revd Debs Davies. All are welcome to join us at this Diocesan service, which begins at 3pm. Learn more about the service here.
As well as a place of worship, Liverpool Cathedral is proud to host visitors for a number of regular events throughout the year. You are welcome to join us at one of our upcoming events, information about which can be found below
- Organ Recitals Summer 2023 – hosted in the Cathedral Main Space throughout summer, Sundays at 2:15pm
- Francis Neilson Lunchtime Concert – held in the Cathedral Main Space throughout summer, Fridays 1:30pm
- New Wine Merseyside Celebration - Rev. Nicky Gumbel, creator of the Alpha Course, is speaking in the main space of Liverpool Cathedral, Sunday 4 June 7pm
- Encountering Common Threads – Radcliffe Learning Centre, Wednesday 7 June 12:30pm
- Summer Term Discipleship Courses – our courses will be taking a break in June, restarting in early-July. In the meantime, tune into our Ephesians podcast which has a new episode looking at the second half of the letter. Listen here
- BSL Interpreted Eucharist – All are welcome to join on Saturday 10 June at 12:05pm
- Friends’ Summer Evening Event - “Exploring the Archives”; a talk given by Canon Val Jackson. Thursday 15 June, 7:30pm in the Cathedral Concert Room. Tickets are £15.
Further information about Liverpool Cathedral, including useful details about planning your next visit can be found here.
Sign up to receive our Cathedral News directly to your inbox here.