Liverpool Cathedral Wildflower Competition
Get snapping - take fabulous pictures of wonderful wildflowers to be in with a chance to win coffee and cake at our Welsford Bistro.
Simply take a picture of wildflowers then tag us on our social channels from 7 August 2021 until 20 August 2021 to enter the competition.
Our social tags are
Judges Martin Swift from Beeshack, Damian Young from the National Wildflower Centre and John Davies, Friends of Calderstones and Sefton Meadows will look at your photographs to select one winner to take up the prize after the competition closes at midnight on 20 August.
We’ll contact the winner, five days after the competition ends, using the direct message (DM) service on the social channel you used to enter the competition. Once you’ve been confirmed as the winner we’ll share your photograph across our social channels and tag you in.
Liverpool Cathedral Wildflower Photography Competition Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and all rules and guidelines applicable to the use of Instagram, including the rules located on Instagram (opens in a new window).
2. Liverpool Cathedral is Liverpool Cathedral, St James Mount, Liverpool, L1 7AZ (“Liverpool Cathedral”).
3. How to enter:
b. Entrants must be UK residents, aged 18 years or over. This promotion is not open to any employees of Liverpool Cathedral.
c. One entry allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
d. If applicable, copyright in all entries shall belong to Liverpool Cathedral.
e. No purchase or donation to Liverpool Cathedral required.
4. Promotion Period: The promotion is open to entries from 00.00 BST on 7th August 2021 until 23.59 BST on 20th August 2021.
a. Liverpool Cathedral is offering entrants the chance to win two teas or coffees plus two individual cakes from the Welsford Bistro at Liverpool Cathedral. There is one prize only to be won.
b. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered.
c. The prize has a limit of 12 months from being issued to be redeemed, and after this time it will be invalid.
6. How is the winner selected and notified:
a. The winner will be selected by a panel of judges from all valid entries by an independent person or persons who will be named.
b. The winner will be contacted within five days of the competition ending via whatever social platform they entered on (Instagram, Facebook or Twitter) comment on the original entry using the contact details provided with their entry and will be asked to provide their full name and address. If a winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize. If a winner fails to respond within 4 days of this initial contact, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. A winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
c. The prize will be sent via registered post to the address supplied within 2 weeks of notification and the winner will be required to sign to acknowledge receipt.
7. Liverpool Cathedral reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries if Liverpool Cathedral, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple Instagram accounts in order to submit multiple entries).
8. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, Liverpool Cathedral reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition without prior notice.
9. Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of Liverpool Cathedral, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of Liverpool Cathedral’s decisions.
10. Liverpool Cathedral does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries. Liverpool Cathedral does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third party intellectual property rights caused by entrants entering this promotion.
11. Nothing in these terms excludes Liverpool Cathedral’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability that Liverpool Cathedral may not exclude by law. Subject to that, Liverpool Cathedral and its associated companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits) expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, including any loss incurred as a result of any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrants that is caused by:
a. technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the promotion;
b. any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
c. any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
d. any other events beyond Liverpool Cathedral's control that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize.
12. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.
13. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel. By entering, entrants acknowledge that Facebook and Instagram do not bear any responsibility for this promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, entrants release Facebook and Instagram from any liability whatsoever in connection with this promotion. All information entrants provide when they enter the promotion is provided to Liverpool Cathedral and not to Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel.
15. Subject to the winner’s rights under applicable data protection legislation, Liverpool Cathedral shall be entitled to use and feature the name of Liverpool Cathedral Wildflower Photography Competition winner for publicity purposes and winners agree that they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by Liverpool Cathedral or its agencies.
16. Liverpool Cathedral will make the winner’s surname and county of residence available on request to anyone who sends a stamped self-addressed envelope to Liverpool Cathedral within 10 weeks of the end of the Promotion Period, as required by the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (the “Code”). Liverpool Cathedral may also be asked to provide the same details to the Advertising Standards Authority (“ASA”) who publish and enforce the Code. This use of the winner’s data is necessary for Liverpool Cathedral’s legitimate interests in complying with the Code. Winners who do not wish Liverpool Cathedral to disclose these details to members of the public who request them should let Liverpool Cathedral know as soon as possible by emailing: Rachael.Atkinson-White@liverpoolcathedral.org.uk. Winners may also object to the disclosure to the ASA by emailing the same address, giving reasons. Liverpool Cathedral will take these reasons into account if the ASA asks for the winners’ details. Please note, however, that Liverpool Cathedral may nevertheless still be required to disclose this information to the ASA. This may happen where, for example, Liverpool Cathedral is required to demonstrate that a valid award took place.
17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.