March at Liverpool Cathedral
Looking for things to do this month? Find out more about some of the events happening at Liverpool Cathedral in March 2022...
A performance to remember
Music lover? You are in luck this month with a range of different performances:
- On 4, 11, and 25 March you can enjoy our Francis Neilson Lunchtime concert series, a variety of uplifting music performed every other Friday in the Lady Chapel.
- How about booking tickets to see ‘This is The Kit’ perform at the Cathedral during their 2022 Tour? They will be performing their new album ‘Off Off On’ on 11 March.
- Enjoy the opportunity to listen to Fauré’s Requiem performed by a massed choir and soloists Danielle Thomas and Damian O’Keefe. Click here to book your ticket for the 26 March event.
Somewhere to mark Lent
You might be asking yourself "What is Lent?".
Lent is the period when the Church prepares to celebrate the events of Holy Week and Easter when Christ gave his life to save the world and rose again from the dead. It begins by asking for God's forgiveness. It is a time of fasting and prayer, stripping back distractions so we can focus on receiving the gift of God. You can find out more about how we are marking Lent, here.
We also have our Liverpool Cathedral and Liverpool Diocese Lent course 'Rule of life: Embracing Justice' based around the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Lent book. This Bible Study Liverpool Cathedral is hosting has six weekly online sessions with videos and discussions exploring the themes of the book.
We would love to see you throughout Lent for our regular daily services. You can find more information, here.
A space of reflection
March is a month of reflection for many, as we mark two years since the first national COVID-19 lockdown. This month we'll be reflecting on this, and a range of other occasions.
- On Thursday 3 March, we marked International Women's day with a special evensong service in our Lady Chapel that honoured the life of Josephine Bulter. You can find out more, here.
- For the past 10 years, The People's Path has housed the legacies, memories, and important occasions of hundreds of people from across the city and beyond. On Sunday 13 March will be holding a special evensong service dedicated to all who are celebrated in The People's Path, and all who have helped to maintain and support our unique building and work, through the purchasing of a brick
- On Friday 18 March we will host a celebration of life for the much loved Gerry Marsden. If you wish to attend you can book here for free
- On Wednesday 23 March, we will mark the National Day of Reflection to support the millions of people who've been bereaved during the pandemic and to reflect on the lives of the people who have been lost. You may wish to light a candle, pray or just relax with a cup of coffee in our Welsford Bistro while you take time with your thoughts.
A place of encounter
Even if you don't fancy any of our events or services, you're always welcome to visit us at any point during our opening hours, to see our wonderful building, light a candle, browse our Cathedral shop or get a bite to eat or cup of coffee from The Welsford Bistro.
We look forward to welcoming you this March!