- This event has passed.
Liverpool Cathedral Light and Sound show by Luxmuralis
After the huge success of last year’s event, The Light Before Christmas is returning to Liverpool Cathedral for Christmas 2023.
Enjoy the most wonderful time of year as the magnificent Gothic interior of the iconic building becomes a canvas for a sequence of dazzling light and sound artworks.
Last year’s sell-out event wowed audiences and became a “must-visit” Christmas event.
This year, award-winning artistic collaboration Luxmuralis are back with ‘Light Before Christmas: The Manger’, the second of The Light Before Christmas series.
This beautiful, immersive experience will take visitors on an incredible journey through the Nativity story celebrating the true magic of Christmas.
Things to know about this event:
- Festive food will be available to purchase from the cafe throughout the event.
- Sessions start from 4:30 pm and last for around 40 minutes with tickets costing £9 for adults and £6.60 for children aged from 3 to 16. Entry for children under 3 is free when accompanied by an adult but you must book a ticket. Family tickets (2 adults and 3 children) are £26. This year there will also be two sensory shows, where sound will be reduced and each show lasts just 15 minutes. Please call insert telephone booking details for more information.
- The entrance to the show is from the Sir Giles Gilbert Scott Suite doors on the car park side of the Cathedral and is at ground floor level. There are lifts to take you to the Cathedral’s main floor from the Sir Giles Gilbert Scott Suite.
- The majority of the show route is on one level on the main floor of the Cathedral. While there are steps down to The Well, you can still experience the show from the area around The Well. The High Altar area has nine steps up and down with a handrail. You can view this area of the show from Main Space.
- Accessible toilets are next to the lift on the main Cathedral floor.
- There is limited, paid-for parking at Liverpool Cathedral.