Everyone needs to have a place to call home - a nice comfy bed, hot food to eat, somewhere you can watch television, play games or read a book. Unfortunately, not everyone in our city has this.
Liverpool Cathedral and The Whitechapel Centre are working hard with those people who need a place to call home and help them reach their full potential. We need your help, by spending ONE night away sleeping in Liverpool Cathedral and raise money, enabling us to help as many people as possible.
All you need to do to take part is bring a responsible adult and ask your family and friends to sponsor you to raise a minimum of £50.00. There is an administration fee of £5 per person.
What happens on the day of the event?
Friday 5th April 2024
- 7.30pm to 8.30pm - Arrive at the Cathedral for registration and to find yourself your spot where you'll sleep
- 8.30pm to 10.00pm - Activities and entertainment
- 10.00pm to 11.00pm - Quiet time and bedding down
- 11.00pm onwards - Time to get some sleep
Saturday 6th April
- 7.00am onwards - You've done it! Time to pack down, grab your certificate and make your way home
What do I need to bring?
- Yourself, and if you are under 18, a supervising adult.
- Board Games
- Materials for your den: cardboard, something comfy to sleep on (e.g. camping/floor/yoga mat)
- Sleeping Bag, Pillows and Blankets
- Snacks and a drink - the cafe will be open for light refreshments until about 10pm, however, you are welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks
Please don’t bring:
- Valuables (Liverpool Cathedral cannot accept responsibility for valuables brought onsite
- Alcohol (this is an alcohol free event - please don't bring any onsite)
So you understand what it might be like to be without gadgets and technology, we'd like to keep technology to a minimum and so you’ll enjoy the atmosphere of the Cathedral. - If you do bring your please keep the volume to a minimum.