The Liverpool Cathedral music department offers a musical engagement opportunity for every age. Through our early-years education programme, Schools Singing Programme, junior and youth choirs, traditional Cathedral Choir, adult choirs, collection of taught courses and our Festival of Music, you can be sure to find a programme to fit your needs and standard. Please select from the list to read about the different groups.
In recent years the Cathedral Choir has travelled throughout the world giving performances at many prestigious venues, in its own right and with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
- 2020: Lisbon (Boys and Girls)
- 2019: Malta (Boys and Girls)
- 2018: Hannover (Boys) with RLPO
- 2017: Texas USA (Boys & Girls)
- 2014: New York (Boys & Girls)
- 2013: Carlisle (Boys & Girls)
- 2012: Estonia (Boys)
- 2011: Poland (Girls)
- 2010: Paris (Boys), Oxford (Girls)
- 2009: Oxford (Boys), Poland (Girls)
- 2008: Cologne (Boys)
- 2007: Riga (Boys)
- 2006: Venice (Boys), Cologne (Girls)
- 2005: Amsterdam (Boys)
- 2004: Cologne (Boys)
- 2003: Prague
- 2002: Catalonia Barcelona, Sitges & Monserrat.
- 2001: Belgium - Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent & Malines.
- 2000: Czech Republic - Dvorak Festival & the conclusion of Prague Spring Festival
- 1999: Paris area, incl. St. Louis en L’Ile and Chatres Cathedral
- 1995: Southern France concerts in LA Tour de France
- 1994: Lille, Concert Hall Lille
- 1993: Tokyo, New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra, accompanied with Paul McCartney
Alongside rehearsals and performances, the choristers enjoy a mixed programme of sightseeing and other activities, to broaden their knowledge of the country they are visiting. They are encouraged to experience the local culture and language, which contributes to their general and musical education.
Friends of Cathedral Music (FCM)
The Friends of Cathedral Music is a charitable organistion that exists to safeguard the priceless heritage of British cathedral music and support a living tradition. The Society was founded in 1956 by the Revd Ronald Sibthorp and now counts nearly 4,000 members. The Friends of Cathedral Music makes grants to cathedral and church choirs in the UK and overseas, of about £100,000 a year and has supported Liverpool Cathedral in times past.
Visit the FCM website.