If you have a passion for organ music and a desire to play one of the world’s largest and finest organs, here’s how Liverpool Cathedral can fulfil your dream
Our Organ Experience offers a rare chance to learn about and actually play one of the finest organs in the world.
The experience includes:
- A tour of the Cathedral organ, including the pipes and blowing chamber with one of our resident organists
- Playing time on the mighty Willis organ (bring your own recording equipment to keep a memento of the occasion)
- A souvenir presentation certificate inscribed and signed.
- A signed copy of the booklet ‘The Organs of Liverpool Cathedral’
- A signed DVD of Professor Ian Tracey demonstrating and playing the Cathedral organ.
The cost of this amazing experience is £500 (£300 of which will go towards the Organ Appeal).
To book this once in a lifetime experience call the Music Department on 0151 708 8471.
How you can help:
Alongside the Organ Experience, there is a range of other activities to get involved with to help our appeal. Please download our booklet and check out the various ways you can help. Make a donation to the Organ Appeal, fill in the attached form and email to: email@example.com
Sponsor A Pipe
It is so easy to adopt a pipe – please read the leaflet for more information.
You can adopt a range of pipes at prices to suit:
- £2.00 for pipes up to 2ft long
- £4.00 for pipes up to 4ft long
- £8.00 for pipes up to 8ft long
- £16.00 for pipes up to 16ft long
- £32.00 for pipes up to 32ft long
- £25.00 for the Bombarde organ stops.
- £50.00 per pipe for the Tuba Magna, Trompette Militaire, and 64ft Resultant Bass.
When you adopt a pipe you receive a special certificate, priority booking at the Gala opening and other events and the adopter’s name recorded in our special commemorative book.